6/16/14

Daddy



I'm so grateful for the bond that these two share. When Sam was born, he was whisked away from us immediately, and Jordan was able to visit him in his incubator before I was. It's strange to say, but I'm immensely thankful that Jordan could be the first one at his side. I am pretty certain that it bonded them together in a particular way. And I could watch them hang out all day. 

The first Father's Day entailed naps and watching Netflix with Sam snoozing on Jordan's chest. No hullabaloo here, just a handmade card and a tiny gift wrapped in an old blueprint. And Sam, sawing logs there with us on the couch, while House made his rude and brilliant diagnosis from the TV screen. Yep, we're officially behind the times.

Photo by Eliot Scarpetti; edits by me

No comments:

Post a Comment